Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mom vs. Dad

Today I would like to vent some motherhood frustration.  My husband is pretty much gone 9 months out of the year.  He works 3 jobs and goes to school full time.  Between that and church responsibilities we just don't get much time together.  Now he is home for the summer and we are adjusting to being together again.  (That part is actually okay!)

Here's my frustration:  I've been trying to get Jonah to let me cut his hair for a month.  Every time he screams, cries, and he even used his body to block the drawer where I keep the haircutting supplies.  It's been a complete battle.  Last night I went to the gym and when I come home - Jonah had a haircut!  My wonderful husband told him he was getting a haircut and Jonah sat still for him.  No crying, no screaming, no drama.

Today I told the kids they were going to the play center at the gym.  Crying, screaming, drama.  Melanie and Jonah both had big tears running down their faces, "We're scared Mommy!"  Then my husband walks into the room.  "You guys are going to the gym."  All off a sudden the kids are screaming with elation - they can't get their shoes on fast enough.  Even though my husband didn't go, the kids were happy and had a good time.

They are so excited to go to the gym when Daddy says it.  When I say it, it's a big cry-fest.

I am a little bothered by it, but I've decided that I will use it to my advantage.  Jonah has decided he LOVES his diapers and doesn't want to give them up.  I think I have Patrick's next project picked out for him....