Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 5

I had a fantastic run on Saturday with my sister-in-law.  We ran 4.2 miles in 45 minutes (10 min. 40 sec per mile).  I'm glad that not every run sucks - otherwise it would be harder to do it.  I know it's Valentine's Day, but I'm contemplating going to the gym tonight.  It really helps calm me and it is relaxing.  Plus I don't have to go tomorrow if I do it today!

My trip to California taught me 2 things. 

1.)  It's really hard to eat well when your brother is a fantastic cook.
2.)  It wasn't that hard to make time for a run.

In April we're planning a family vacation, and I was wondering how my running/training would fit into the schedule.  Now that I've had a mini practice run, I know that I can do it if I make it a priority.

Even though I'm not able to "train" for the half marathon.  The doctor is still encouraging me to keep up with my fitness.  I guess it is a perfect excuse to not exercise, but I plan on running a half marathon at some point.  I mean there has to be a stretch of time where I don't injure myself, need surgery, or have other life altering things happen right?  If anything, being told no has made me more determined to do it.