Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 6 part 2

Thursday I had my thyroid removed.  I spent the night in the hospital and came home on Friday.  It doesn't look too bad, but the kids act surprised everytime they see me.  "Mommy, what happened to your neck?"  I get that about every 10 minutes.

I am feeling better - not quite 100%.  The hardest part is sleeping because I had to sleep sitting up the first two nights.  Last night I was able to recline a little bit.  I'm sure as I heal I will be able to lay down properly.  I have a greater appreciation for sleep than I had before!

My friends and family have been a huge blessing.  They have babysat and brought in meals.  The kids have loved all the attention and food.  I appreciate all the prayers, well-wishes, and help that everyone has given.  We feel loved and blessed.