Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Seven and Eight

According to my training schedule Monday is supposed to be a rest day, but I wanted to have some time to myself.  You know it's going to be a long day when the 2 year old has already had several time outs and it's not even 8am.  The kids take an art class on Mondays and I had some errands to do, so it took everything I had just to get the kids to cooperate.  I figured I was already in a mood, so why not just run?

My run was very very good yesterday.  It was the first time that I truly believed I could run the half marathon without dying.  I was scheduled to run 2 miles, but I ran 2 1/2 - which tells you that it was a pretty good day.  I decided not to focus so much on speed, but just on my breathing and form. 

The other plus to running yesterday was being able to catch up on the Bachelor in peace.  It's my guilty pleasure show, but my husband can't stand it.  In this case it was a win-win for everyone.  I got to watch the show and he got some peace and quiet. 

Today I don't have to run - which makes this an awesome day already!  But I am sort of looking forward to my run tomorrow.  I just might be becoming a runner.  Weird.