Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Three

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and spent about 40 minutes grocery shopping.  I didn't have the children with me, so I was enjoying being able to take my time and not grab things as quickly as I could off the shelves.  I go to check out, everything was scanned, groceries were bagged and placed back in my cart, when it became time to pay.  I opened my purse......no wallet!  I dug through again and again hoping that it would magically appear, but I forgot it at home!  I was so embarrassed!  The clerk put my cart aside and said I could come back. 

Driving home, I was debating on just leaving the cart and not returning at all.  But then I would never be able to shop at that store - at least not for awhile.  What were the chances I could avoid that?  Slim.  I swallowed my pride, raced home, retrieved the wallet, and returned to the store.  I still might not shop there for awhile until the sting of my embarrassment wears off.

What is the point of this story?  I have to run 2 miles today and I know that even if I do something to embarrass myself, it probably won't top yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment